

I don't sit still well. I had conference to watch. My husband suggested I crochet a new rug. So I did. It had been a few years since I'd made a rug. I probably should have taken pictures of the process. You use a very large crochet hook and strips of fabric tied together with cuts and loops. I'll have to show the process next time.
*
Here are the other rugs I've made from smallest to biggest and, interestingly, from most recently made to oldest. It's difficult to tell their sizes from the pictures. The toy cell phone by the biggest rug is about real cell phone size. It's a pretty big rug.
*
The old rugs are holding up fairly well. They are machine washable, though the biggest one is difficult to fit in the washer while keeping the washer balanced. The rug by the front door needs a post-winter washing. Making rugs is a great way to use up old sheets, clothing, and fabric. It takes a lot of fabric.




3 comments:
Will you teach me how to make one??? Hahaha.
Wow I can't believe that you did that one just during conference. You must be fast. I have tried it before and it took me a long time. I didn't get very far.
Sure, I can teach you Sarah.
The way I do it is pretty easy and quick. I actually started it during the last session of conference and finished it yesterday while the kids were at school. And it's really not very big. But it is fun.
Post a Comment