Monday, November 16, 2009

What's Left


43 degrees outside?  Of course I went biking!  Ha ha. 


I really don't like biking in the cold.  Had I known I'd be faced with headwinds half of the time, I might have chosen differently.  But all my kids were finally well and back in school.  I probably wouldn't get another opportunity to ride until Wednesday, if then.  So, I dressed warmly and headed out for a long ride. 

There aren't a lot of leaves left on trees, but there are some impressive colors.  We haven't had real snow yet, so leaves are hanging in there that would have fallen by now.  I also noticed a lot of bright berries on trees and bushes.  I should have taken pictures along my ride, but it was too cold to stop.  So, these pictures are from my yard. 

Cosmos are hardy little flowers.  We've had freezing temperatures, but there are a few blooms hanging on. 

1 comment:

Jane Babcock said...

beautiful colors. I love the purpleness.