Thursday, March 26, 2009

Why This Blog

I like to create: to take pictures, to cook, to write words, paint on walls and on furniture, and sometimes to sew. The focus of this blog will be on creation. Occasionally, I may share how I feel about other people's creations.

Winter feels too long here in upstate NY. So, I like to buy flowers. Their colors and forms cheer me up. They lighten my heart and brighten my table and counter tops.

Lyrics and their tunes are coming to mind: Cold Play's "We live in a beautiful world," Amos Lee's "Nothing is more powerful than beauty in a wicked world," and Imogen Heap's "There is beauty here." True. Sometimes we just have to look for it.

I believe in surrounding myself with beautiful things, finding them, creating them, and sharing them with the people I love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the things you create! because I know they are great!

Deb in UT said...

Thank you. I appreciate the confidence.