Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Project in Waiting

I spray painted this desk black at the same time I painted the chairs blue. Now that the chairs are done, it's the desk's turn. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Ideas?

My youngest daughter wants me to paint big pink flowers on it and give it to her. I'm thinking of keeping it for myself and maybe giving her my old desk. Most days, my favorite color is turquoise. But I like all bright colors, so I was thinking of random, bright, wild patterns. I guess I have to decide who gets the desk before I start painting.

5 comments:

Jewel Allen said...

Gosh, that would be a hard choice. So your daughter gets the old desk and can have the flowers on it, and you go wild and crazy on this one. Go for it! :-)

Deb in UT said...

Pink Ink! I love how you comment on your comments on your blog. Thanks for visiting. You are awesome. Thanks for permission to go wild. I needed that. And yeah, she'd probably be very happy with my desk if I repainted it. Or even better, if I let her do the painting. So the desk is mine, all mine. :) I'm also going to justify it by saying it's my writer's desk. We stay-at-home writers need beautiful work spaces of our very own.

Adventure Acres said...

I love your projects! I looked at the chairs you have done and they are fantastic. Have fun with the new project! Can't wait to see the out come.

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

check out the cool Moroccan platter on Jenni's blog. That would be a cool pattern, but challenging. If it were me, I'd leave it black next to a blue chair until I knew what to do.

Deb in UT said...

Jen, I love Moroccan patterns. I regularly read the blog of a lady who lives there: http://moroccanmaryam.typepad.com/. Hmm. I'll have to look at that plate and think about it. Thanks for the suggestion.