Savoy cabbage is beautiful. I love the variation of greens, the bumpy texture, and the way the leaves curl. If I was a bug, I'd visit a cabbage.
I'd never heard of golden beets, so when I saw these I had to buy them. They taste just like red beets. They would be pretty served together. Maybe cooked together they'd make an interesting color. I'll have to try that.
6 comments:
Looks like you could eat the beet greens. They taste better than you would think.
I meant to make the greens comment on the later post.
My current container focus is lazier than yours. I am trying to use things like flower pots that I have around the house that I don't have to decorate.
I never thought of vegetables this way! I love color and I totally hear you. Once, I do remember someone doing a centerpiece using fruit, and I thought that was better than any floral bouquet I'd ever seen.
Mom-- yes, I really like beet greens. I added them to the curry last night. Delicious.
Pink-- Fruits and vegetables are beautiful. Food can be picturesque, especially the natural, healthy stuff. If I make it look good, the eating experience is that much more enjoyable. Yay for food!
I wonder about the nutritional difference (if any) between the red and gold ones. I love love the red ones, but I'm all alone in my house that way.
Lu, I understand. M says beets "taste like dirt." :)
Post a Comment