Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Priceless Day

We went on a bike ride in perfect weather.  He led the way to the lake park.  The forget-me-nots are blooming in the grass.  We decided to lie down in them and take our picture.

We were celebrating.  It took us two mornings and an afternoon, but we painted a room. One morning we cleaned the room out. The next we sanded, primed, and taped. In the early afternoon, we painted the room green. I love it.  It will be a nice, happy room for our oldest daughter this summer.

At the lake, we played on the swings, watched boats, and looked for fish.  We saw a few small fish.  He said they are "yellow perch."  One day, perhaps I'll have a fisherson.

5 comments:

Jennilyn said...

Pretty green, yes! Is this Hannah's old room upstairs?

Jane Babcock said...

beautiful

BobandLu said...

That picture of you and your future fisherson is one you both will be so happy to look back at and remember that day! I love it.

Lisa Chin said...

What a wonderful celebration after so much work. The room looks beautiful! I hope to do some painting this summer but no mental energy for it yet. I love the picture of you two in the flowers.

Deb said...

Thanks everybody.

Yeah, that's Hannah's old room. She and Mariel are going to share the big room.