It was beautiful, the sun, a pink-orange ball rising in a corner of sky. I should have gone outside to take the picture, but it wouldn't capture what I saw. I'm grateful for new days.
I feel a strange mixture of abandonment and yearning, like a little girl who has been left home with a babysitter while her parents leave for a long, fabulous adventure. Yesterday, my parents flew to Puerto Rico to begin their twenty-three-month mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. They will be flying to the island St. Croix today. My grown-up self is excited and happy for them beyond words. I've been sick for a week and I have had sick kids home from school. I think my son is well enough to go to school, but he got in trouble last time he was there, so I think he's avoiding consequences. The goal for today is to make home as boring as possible.

3 comments:
I feel like that too. It's been harder than I thought!
Me too! And they aren't even my parents - lol. I'm so glad they have their blog set up so that they can share their wonderful adventure with all of us.
Good luck making homelife boring. Home is usually cozy and comfortable so it's a very difficult task to push the birdies out when they want to hunker down.
Neato! Puerto Rico? This means you can go visit them, right? Mark had a colleague that lived/worked in Puerto Rico a few months every year and absolutely LOVED it. I wish we'd taken him up on his offer to have a vacation there and stay at his house. Maybe *I'LL* go visit your parents there! :)
Post a Comment