


One of the things that I admire about my second-oldest daughter, is her confidence and perseverance. She doesn't give up easily when she wants something. She's willing to work hard. She's willing to ask for help. She's patient and she's willing to let things be imperfect for a while if necessary. Last night was Senior Ball. She'd wanted to go for months. She didn't have money for all the things she needed and wanted: the $60 ticket, a dress, jewelry, money to get her hair and make up done, and all the other little things that go along with a big event like that. One by one, the problems were solved. She saved her money. She made things work. She borrowed a dress, went with a friend to a place that does free make up, found the perfect handbag for an amazing $2, found great jewelry, the same friend helped her get her hair done and did her nails, and she got the ball ticket for free because she paid her senior dues on time. It all came together and I think she had a good time. I'm thankful for her example.
1 comment:
She's beautiful!
Post a Comment