Monday, May 31, 2010

Recommended

Last night, my son was bored.  I suggested he go on a photo scavenger hunt.  I gave him my cheapo digital camera and told him what to find. He took the pictures and came back to show me.  It kept him busy, allowed me to finish what I was doing, and it got him ready for bed.  Here's the picture he took after I said, "A picture of you wearing your pajamas."  He was gone for a while.  He said it was really hard to take the picture because he kept cutting his head out of it.  

Can you see the double-winged black dragonfly in the picture to the left? It's sort of low center on the end of a twig. You might see it if you click on the picture. Not the best shot, but it was awesome to watch it fly. 

My husband and I have been walking a lot lately.  It gives us a chance to talk and exercise at the same time.  I highly recommend it.  Walking in Central New York on a sunny morning with a cool breeze blowing is the best.

3 comments:

BobandLu said...

Oh this is a fantastic idea. My daughter (who is the same age) will love this when she comes to me saying she's bored.

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

That's a fun idea! I need to remember that one when my girls are bored.

Estelle said...

Hey there, long time no comment! I LOVE this idea of a photo scavenger hunt, I am SO going to do this with the boys this summer. YESSSSS! Another day down with a fun activity, another 59 days to think up other activities!