I can't believe the icicles are back already. Just a few days ago, I knocked them all off and used the roof rake to pull down a foot and a half of snow off the roof. Above our downstairs bathroom and "office" (which we use as a bedroom), there isn't a lot of insulation. Those rooms get cold fast. I know where all the heat is going: up and out. It's a little annoying and disturbing. Was our builder dishonest? My guess is they put the bare minimum of insulation required above those rooms, if that.
We have a neighbor who considered suing our builder. He insists they didn't put the required insulation in these homes. He uses the icicles, only dramatic on our builder's homes, as proof. He spent thousands of dollars enhancing the insulation on his home. The builder claims they put in the required amount and says it's the homeowners' responsibility to keep the roof free of extra snow and ice. Yeah. I want to trust people. Sometimes it's hard.

1 comment:
Were. Last night, our kids knocked them all down and pretended the pieces were valuable, like money. Then again, maybe they're back already. I haven't looked this morning.
Post a Comment