Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Sun Does Shine


"The sun doesn't shine for three months out of the year in New York," someone told me before we moved here.  I believed it.  I love sunshine in winter.  I thought I'd be leaving that behind.  Thankfully, here is proof they were wrong.

This afternoon, I enjoyed the best bike ride so far of  2010.  Yes, it happens to be the first.  All this work on cycling stories made me jump as soon as I saw the sunshine and the melted, mostly dry roads.  Who cares that it was 32 degrees with a cold wind blowing off the lake that made my eyes water and sting.  It was worth it.

2 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

Brrr. You're pretty brave! I'm glad you could get out though. Winters indoors can feel pretty long.
Love, Dad

Jane Babcock said...

Congratulations. Good biking to you in the days to come.