There were at least forty wild turkeys across the street from where I went biking on Mud Mill Road today. I managed a long ride. It felt great to be out in the sunshine again. The first time I saw a turkey fly was at the Seneca Lake YW Camp. They don't go very fast, very high, or for very long, but they definitely fly. You can see one up in the tree in the above picture.
I saw several deer way out in a field. You don't always see them in the middle of the day.
The quote "Anything worth doing is worth doing badly" keeps going through my head today. I've read it several places recently and I don't know its origin. I received another grade I didn't like. It's very discouraging. I need to learn how to accept imperfection in myself and to keep doing things anyway. I may fly like a turkey, but at least I should keep trying to fly.
The quote "Anything worth doing is worth doing badly" keeps going through my head today. I've read it several places recently and I don't know its origin. I received another grade I didn't like. It's very discouraging. I need to learn how to accept imperfection in myself and to keep doing things anyway. I may fly like a turkey, but at least I should keep trying to fly.


3 comments:
I'm sorry for your discouragement. I love reading what you write.
Your last thoughts here remind me of a columnist for Runners World magazine. He calls himself the Penguin because this is how he looks when he runs. He runs because he loves to run, not because it looks good. He was not aware of the way he looks when he runs until he watched a video. Because he was already committed to running, he didn't let the embarrassment stop him. The column he writes motivates, inspires and entertains! I'd recommend it to anyone.
What a great thing that we can all have a different opinion or experience from someone else and still claim success!
Thanks for your comment, Luanna. I agree. And I've figured out my teacher's problem with my papers. He likes history! My focus has been more emotional and sensory. Now that I think I know what he wants, I should get better grades. But even if I don't, at least I'm not going to react emotionally next time.
Good that you found out your teacher isn't a turkey. ;-)
When I was in Mexico, I remember being startled by seeing a turkey sleeping over my head in a tree. He slept with his blue head lower than his feet! I guess my head would be blue too if I slept that way.
Love, Dad
Post a Comment