Monday, March 8, 2010

Warm Surprises


It's been really warm here the past couple of days-- if you can call 45 degrees "really warm." I was happy to take my second bike ride of the year.

I like how the snow melts on the edges of picnic tables first. You could have a picnic in weather like this. 
There was a baby spider crawling along one picnic table's snow-- a sign of super early spring. 

I wasn't aware people go snow mobiling on Oneida Lake.  I'm surprised the ice gets thick enough.  Some were ice fishing. 
There was a strong headwind today.  I'm looking forward to longer rides and warmer days.

2 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

Hi! Good that you could get out! (I think you have Whitman's eye for Nature and his ability to capture it with words.)
Most of our snow is gone now, but we may get more this week.
Love, Dad

Jane Babcock said...

I agree that 45 is warm for this time of year-- as long as it's not in the house. I'm glad spring is coming for you.