Friday, July 9, 2010

C Food

"The C food is ready," I announced at dinnertime. 

Some of my children don't prefer seafood.  Nobody came running. 

Figuring out what to make for dinner is often the hardest part. I knew I wanted corn, cantaloupe, and cucumbers. I realized I had a "C" theme going.  Despite the rolling eyeballs of my twenty-year-old, I kept at it.  I decided we'd also have crackers, carrots, celery, and chicken.  I put one drop of blue food coloring (no salt) in the water to make "sea water."  I happened to have cute little sea-themed napkins for everybody.  And of course, there was chocolate for dessert.  I'm easily entertained. 

5 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

Fun to c your creativity.

Julie said...

Maybe THATS what I need to do to be more excited about cooking dinner.

Lisa Chin said...

I can see my kids rolling their eyes too if I decided to do this. How cute. Despite the eye rolling they will remember this a long time!

Amy said...

What a fun idea! I'm always having a hard time coming up with anything interesting to eat--I like this letter theme idea!

BobandLu said...

Want to come visit?!