Monday, July 12, 2010

Found Alphabet

Another exhibit we saw at the Everson Museum was the A.B. Seek exhibit.  I really like this idea.  You take pictures of objects that make letters of the alphabet and display them in an accordian book.  I've decided it will be a fun project to do with my kids even though they may be a bit old for this.  I have a couple of rules I want to follow.  1) The object has to be outside.  2) It has to be a found or discovered letter rather than a created or intentional one.  I was going to say it has to be something natural, but I've changed my mind.  Manmade things will be included.

Here are a few letters pictures I took to give you an idea:

3 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

It would be interesting to have theme alphabets, like ones made entirely from plants, sticks or branches, or ones made of shells and coral. It would take longer, but would be a great project.

Lisa Chin said...

What a great idea! I hope you will share the entire collection. I wonder which letters will be the hardest to find.

BobandLu said...

I love this kind of fun. You found some great ones! I have a friend who will have a booth at Swiss Days in UT, she does architectural / found object letters. She spelled out our last name for us and framed it nicely. I ordered a name for Steven and Alysa, I love it so much. At a museum here I saw a name of a local city spelled out with things noticeable in that community. I liked the connection of that idea.