Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Exercise Helps


Sometimes, invigorating my body awakens my spirit.  Biking up and down hills and finding beautiful things in beautiful places can do that for me.  I saw four young turkeys as I was flying down the road to the lake park.  They took off into the trees before I had a chance to take a picture.  They were fascinating.

The lake park is under construction right now.  It feels like my life is under construction too.  While waiting for positive potential changes, it can be messy and difficult to be patient. 

I am amazed at how well they are anchoring things.  No chance even a very large person or a hurricane will tip this bench over.

I could have ridden past, but I decided to stop at the area where they launch boats.  It was peaceful there in that boat-free moment.

The ducks were fun to watch, the flowers were gorgeous, the bees made me think about being busy.
Then I saw two of these gliding in and out of the water.  What are they?  They look like long, skinny rats and swim like tiny otters.  Ferrets?  Watching them was amazing.

2 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

Mongoose look a little like that, but they don't stay still.

Julie said...

That last pic looks like a Loch Ness Monster of sorts until you enlarge it. Sounds like a mystery to me!