Friday, September 18, 2009

Motivation: Being Discontent

This morning, my husband said, "Hopefully being discontent will lead to positive changes," or some such thing. I was complaining and he was listening. We're good at that.

Ever since then, I've been thinking about how most big, positive changes in the world have come after someone was discontent. Otherwise, why be motivated to do anything about anything? Why change?

I don't like feeling uncomfortable; but, today I've been cheered up by the notion that being discontent isn't necessarily a bad thing if it leads to positive changes. It's motivating.

**Many bloggers I know take the weekend off. I think I'll try that. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

The phrase "divine discontent" came to mind. I couldn't remember the source, so I googled it. There were only about 79,200 references.

Jane Babcock said...

I like the way Shakespeare voiced Richard the Third saying "Now is the winter of our discontent
Made glorious summer by this sun of York." I hope your New York sun continues to warm your creativity. -Dad