Tuesday, September 15, 2009

White Chocolate Chip Cookies with Pecans and Dried Cranberries

I've been wanting to make these cookies for a while. The natural white chocolate chips I use are made with cane juice instead of sugar and also have cocoa butter and pure vanilla in them. They are delicious and not at all waxy. I added a little too much flour to this batch of cookies, but they were still very yummy. Here's the recipe:

8 oz. softened butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/2 cups flour
10 oz. package of white chocolate baking chips
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1 cup sweetened dried cranberries (I used orange-flavored this time.)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream together sugars and butter until smooth, beat in eggs, add vanilla. Blend in flour mixture. Fold in white chocolate chips, pecans, and cranberries.

Drop rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 9 to 12 minutes until edges are slightly brown. Yum!

1 comment:

Jane Babcock said...

I found some outdated sweetened dried cranberries at NPS for 25 cents a package and have been sharing them. This recipe would be a delicious way to use them. I think it would work with dark chocolate chips as well.