Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Asking the Kids


This morning, I asked my children what kind of play they'd want to watch. 

"One about pirates," said my son.  He's seven. 

"And the ending should have a possible romance," said my daughter.  She's ten.  Then she said, "Just kidding," because she was embarrassed.

So, today, I wrote a play about pirates.  But I don't think my son would like it.  These are female pirates-- a ship full of only female pirates.  One of them has smuggled a man on board and must keep the captain from making him walk the plank.  Yeah, it's silly.  But it sure was fun to write.

2 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

fun for us to read too?

Deb said...

ha ha ha. :) I think that'd be like showing you an unfinished sketch. Probably not worth your time. One of these days, if I ever decide to submit something, I'll definitely need reader help. Thanks for being willing.