Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pumpkin Pancakes

I know, I know, I said I wasn't going to blog here on weekends, but I can't help myself. These are delicious, especially with softened cream cheese and warm blueberries on top. Yummy breakfast for a rainy Conference day.

Half Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups white flour
1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 shakes of ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 eggs
3 tablespoons oil
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
2 3/4 cup milk

Mix dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, slightly beat eggs, whisk in oil, pumpkin, and milk. Add to dry ingredients, stiring just until mixed. Makes 21 pancakes if each is 1/4 cup batter.

1 comment:

Jane Babcock said...

Funny face. I had 2 great pumpkin cookies this afternoon at an audiology open house. I should have resisted. But they were yummy. I think I like pumpkin with chocolate chips.