Thursday, October 15, 2009

Inspiration


I got a new story idea today from a color wheel.  This one was made by Goethe and is found in his 1810 "Theory of Colours." 

What happened to writing plays?  I researched the submission procedures for the contest I was going to enter with my ten minute play.  I discovered how fierce the competition is.  Out of thousands of entries, there is only one monetary award and it won't be given until next fall.  The odds are too low and next fall feels too far away for my ambitious self.  I will go ahead and submit to the contest, partly because I really like the 10 minute play and I have nothing to lose, but I need to move on to something with more potential.  I might write plays on days when I need a break from the bigger ideas.  Or maybe I'll use them as a way to get a story moving.  I guess the important thing to remember with all of these writing efforts of mine is to not give up.

3 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

What about screenplays? Isn't there a market?

Deb in UT said...

Yeah, but you have to know how to do that. There is costly software that helps, apparently. Maybe I'll look for a free version just to see if I could do it.

Jane Babcock said...

You remind me of Churchill: Never ever ever give up. Love, Dad