Just now, I wrote a little play about healthy eating and biking. It was relatively easy. When I was researching places to submit the plays I wrote for my class, I noticed a company that is looking for short plays for girls about girls. That's what gave me the idea to write this little thing-- that and thinking about the few things I know and the billions of things I don't know. I know a bit about healthy eating and biking and I really enjoy both of them. The play isn't done; it needs more conflict-- something I avoid too often in my writing-- but it's on its way.
Last night, I decided what I write shouldn't just be about what I know, but about what I love. It is definitely easier than writing about random, clueless stuff that I don't even like. I also realized that writing plays instead of a book might be the way for me to go. I like focusing on dialog instead of worrying about descriptions and details. My inclination to write in movie-mode makes it easier to imagine what could happen on a stage. The idea of "playing" instead of writing a novel is very appealing.
1 comment:
I'd sure like to read your play! (I think Orson Scott Card started out as a playwrite.
Love, Dad
Post a Comment