I picked the daisies from someone's front lawn during our walk this morning. The people must be out of town and their lawn has gone wild. The daisies looked lonely in a tiny vase, so I looked in the backyard and saw an abundance of the light-purplish-pinky flowers and thought they'd look nice with daisies. When I was out picking handfuls of those, I saw the hot pick ones behind my neighbor's fence. Nobody would see them there, so I felt no guilt as I picked some. I looked for more flowers and found the darker purple ones. I would have never seen them if I hadn't been looking.
My youngest daughter has opinions. And she's not afraid to share them. "I don't think you should pick flowers," she said. "If you do, other people won't be able to see them."
My neighbor's ex-wife threw a bunch of flower seeds on the other side of our drainage ditch before they built their fence. That was about five years ago. I'm a little sad that she never got to see the results, but I'm thankful she tossed them there.

2 comments:
Sometimes on Sunday someone goes outside and picks flowers or colorful leaves from the grounds and brings them in to put in front of the pulpit for sacrament meeting. They don't seem to get used up. There are always more flowers blooming
I remember getting in trouble when I was little for picking the neighbor's flowers on my way home from school. They were so pretty and I wanted to get them for my mom. After some scolding I didn't do it again. I love it when my girls bring me bouquets from our yard. I've taught them how to pick some and leave some.
Post a Comment