It's interesting the difference wind makes on water.
Our lake is never still and glassy like the Great Salt Lake. Sometimes we have low waves because of jet skis and motorboats. Sometimes the waves are wind-made. I like how they remind me of bigger waves. There's supposed to be a storm coming this afternoon.
I went on a short bike ride this morning. I was up in the middle of the night cleaning up an explosion from my daughter's stomach, so I'm tired today. An hour in the wind would have been too much.
I like how the beach looks all combed and ready for the day. It makes me think of mowed lawns and vacuumed carpets.
Why do easterners "bathe" instead of "swim?" At least it explains why they say "bathing suit." I've been here for five years. I wonder if I'll ever feel "from" here.
Why do easterners "bathe" instead of "swim?" At least it explains why they say "bathing suit." I've been here for five years. I wonder if I'll ever feel "from" here.



3 comments:
I never made that bathing/swimming connection before. I do remember calling it a "bathing suit" growing up. Thanks for the "aha" moment.
Maybe not - I have lived in Utah longer than I lived in Chicago but I still feel like I'm from Chicago. I think it has something to do with what is ingrained into our system in those early years that determines where we feel we are from.
I love the beach photos.
I've heard that Cruzans say bath instead of shower (even when they are taking a shower) -- maybe because of all the beaches.
Post a Comment